A while ago I had found myself looking for work. Day dreaming about the type of office I’d like to work for, while searching thru the classifieds. What type of product would we turn out. Who are the heart and blood of the office and are they happy?
Firmly believing that I really needed to be in a positive and supportive work environment, I decided to jot down a few of the things that I longed for in a future employer. I was surprised at how quickly my list came together, which boiled down to six statements.
- Happy and fun work environment that feels safe and supportive
- Awesome coworkers who truly care about the members of the team
- Paid time off with full benefits offered
- Weekends off, to allow time with my family
- Start time that allows for me to take my Daughter to school
- Short commute time
After several successful interviews; where we both spent time getting to know the other and examining the opportunity being presented. I was pleased to have a few choices available to me. All of them were companies that I felt I would truly fit into and would progress to be a valuable part of the team. But did they fit into what I was looking for?
One company with it’s energetic manager, happy go lucky team leaders, and bubbly positive admins, really caught my attention and spoke to my soul! Everyone there just looked so happy and full of life! Heck, even the office has positive quotes and festive decorations. I remember leaving the interview and thinking, YES! Please let me be part of that team!
Months later and I’m still thankful to be part of that team! My coworkers are even more amazing then I could have imagined! Our company is relaxed, yet highly productive. Our office is growing and believes in promoting from within, which is freaking awesome! However despite all that, my favorite part about my company is that we’re able to assist others while having the peace of mind that our product is truly helping them.
- Happy and fun work environment that feels safe and supportive– My company really is a fun place to work. A great example of this would be during the solar eclipse my office closed so we could all watch it. Even supplying us all with brand new funky glasses. The photos are a riot 🙂 Big shout out to my anonymous coworker for adding the idea to the suggestion box! Big round of applause to our awesome manager for making our suggestions come true! You rock!
- Awesome coworkers who truly care about the members of the team– See above….
- Paid time off with full benefits offered– Check
- Weekends off, to allow time with my family– Yup, and I even get off a little earlier on Fridays!
- Start time that allows for me to take my Daughter to school– Best part for me was the schedule offerings, it truly was just what I needed!
- Short commute time– Check
Did I mention that I’m really glad that I took a moment, to really define, what it was that I was looking for!